Sr. Manager, Risk and Compliance
Location: Seattle, Washington
Job Type: Full time
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
Want to have the ability to interact with a unique set of stakeholders each day? Would you like the ability to help Expedia move forward on important business objectives? Would you like to directly support business partners who are making the decisions that drive our business? Come join the Expedia Product & Tech, Brands and Corporate Shared Services (CSS) Controllership team. We provide compliance and risk advisory services to our business partners!
The Senior Manager of Risk and Compliance will help support broader strategy development as well as manage the day-to-day governance activities related to risk, control, and compliance management across the Product & Tech, Brands and CSS orgs. This individual will collaborate with functions such as Corporate Audit Services, Information Security, and Legal, Brands, Corporate shared services functions to drive continued progression of our risk and compliance management practices as we support our broader enterprise objectives.
We are growing rapidly in our support across the organization!
What you’ll do:
- Support the creation of scalable frameworks to review processes, risk, controls and compliance posture against leading practices or industry frameworks, and assess capability maturity, identify gaps in design and execution, and communicate issues and recommendations to management
- Partner with business divisions to develop integrated risk and compliance management mechanisms to proactively identify and develop response strategies for emerging risks and compliance obligations
- Communicate, develop and foster strong, collaborative relationships with stakeholders across all levels of the organization specially focused in the Brands and Corporate shared services teams
- Support tactical enterprise activities such as identification, analysis, and quantification of enterprise risks
- Review pertinent process and control documentation to support process owners with their responsibility for optimized control design
- Critically evaluate current control environments and recommend ways to rationalize and optimize controls through automation
- Manage and coach people to problem solve in efforts to build a high-performing team
Who you are:
- 7-8 years of progressive experience in Risk Management, Technical Compliance, Security, Audit or other similar risk consulting or risk advisory functions
- Ability to engage with multi-functional groups such as Security, Legal, and Technology teams to drive alignment on common initiatives/objectives
- Demonstrated proficiency in risk and compliance management frameworks such as NIST, ISO, and COSO
- Ability to successfully navigate between technical and non-technical audiences
- Possesses a strong bias for results and can operate with autonomy to address bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, and encourage behavior to maximize business benefit
- Thrives and gains energy from navigating ambiguity arising from transformative change
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- CISA, PML CISSP, or CRISC (or similar) certifications preferred
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.