Technical Product Manager
Location: Seattle, Washington
Job Type: Full time
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
- Drive product development from idea generation to bringing a product to market, and capturing feedback loops for iteration.
- Develop, implement, and monitor key performance indicators and metrics.
- Communicate with clarity and precision, simplifying and presenting complex information in a concise format that is audience appropriate.
- Conduct ad-hoc data analysis and modeling for investigation and quantification of business impact.
- Work with product engineers and software teams to define product features.
- Formulate and test hypothesis to solve business problems. Conduct research and analysis to support strategic business decisions.
- Define project goals and scope, performance, and schedules.
- Plan, execute, and monitor various scenarios through an objective and systematic approach to optimize partner interaction.
- Support programs post-launch responding to internal and external issues while actively seeking areas of improvement to ensure all operational and business requirements are maintained
- Serve as a go-to person for stakeholders including engineering, design, content, for questions, clarifications and direction.
- Manage backlog for product area and balances new features, bugs and tech debt.
- You are an enthusiastic Product Manager who loves to understand problems deeply and rally a team to tackle it.
- You have technical expertise to distil complex ideas, API technologies into clear deliverables and can communicate these through confluence, slack, email etc.
- You have a keen sense for the right level of detail at the right time.
- You have experience in helping build large, scalable software systems with complex delivery needs.
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced team and can help the team plan and execute despite gaps in your own or your team's knowledge.
- You love to analyze large datasets using SQL, Excel, and statistical tools to derive business metrics.
- You are keen to partner with stakeholders and managers to develop new ideas for research, testing and feedback loops to better understand and quantify customer pain points.
Starting pay for this role will vary based on multiple factors, including location, available budget, and an individual’s knowledge, skills, and experience. Pay ranges may be modified in the future.
Expedia Group is proud to offer a wide range of benefits to support employees and their families, including medical/dental/vision, paid time off, and an Employee Assistance Program. To fuel each employee’s passion for travel, we offer a wellness & travel reimbursement, travel discounts, and an International Airlines Travel Agent (IATAN) membership.View our full list of benefits.
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.