Fraud & Risk Investigator 1
Location: Springfield, Missouri
Job Type: Full time
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
Fraud & Risk Investigator I
Who we are
We are an extraordinary team of analysts focused on the manual review of potential fraud transactions. We review these transactions to figure out the risk involved with the transactions with a goal of preventing fraudulent transactions from going through. We are looking for new members of our main line of defense against fraudulent activity. Fraud analysts are primarily responsible for reviewing individual transactions and making a decision based on the information available. We are team that values varied strengths and recognize the importance of individual contributions.
Who You are
Are you someone who enjoys fitting the pieces of a puzzle together so that you can see the whole picture? Do you have a background in research or investigation? Does the prospect of a constantly evolving job with multiple avenues of approach sound appealing? Are you an individual who has detail oriented approach to life and a desire to continue learning and improving? If this sounds like you then the Fraud Analyst job may be right up your alley.
What you will do:
- You will assist the team in preventing fraud, providing a benefit to both the company and our customers.
- Work independently of other analysts while still chipping in to the overall goals of the team and department.
- You will provide an in-depth analysis of transactions in order to evaluate the fraud risk involved
- We want someone to assist with special projects both inside and outside the queue when required
- You will assist in identification and reporting of bugs or issues impacting the team
- Research transactional and customer records to link unidentified transactions and accounts to known fraudulent activity
- You May execute standard SQL database queries to retrieve data and produce standardized reports
- May analyze or assist with analysis of acquired data and reports to identify new fraudulent activity
- Continue to grow in skill and understanding of current fraud trends
- May assist with or perform special projects in a timely manner, as requested;
- Maintains or exceeds required performance standards.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Strong communication skills, self-motivation and results-oriented approach
- The ability to self-motivate and strive for improvement both in yourself and those around you.
- We are seeking someone with a proven customer service, organizational, and analytical skills
- Confidence in making instinctual decisions with little or no supervision
- Strong internet research, Microsoft Office, and overall PC skills; SQL experience is an added benefit
Bachelor’s degree preferred.
1+ year customer service experience preferred; call center, airline or travel agency experience a plus; previous risk analysis experience is preferred.
We are committed to building an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.