Senior Software Development Engineer
Location: Seattle, Washington
Job Type: Full time
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
Senior SDE-Quality Team
At Expedia, we believe in helping millions of travelers find their perfect vacation or getaway. We are building a world class quality engineering organization for the next generation Technology Platform that empowers our travelers and partners to leverage and configure products and services needed to succeed in the travel ecosystem.
Are you a Senior Software Engineer passionate about technology and in providing customers with the very best experience? Do you have a platform mindset and love to build scalable applications and frameworks? Then the Quality Center of Excellence team is looking for you!
As a Senior Software Development Engineer, you will play a critical role in creating quality engineering solutions of significant scope and importance to ensure that all externalized capabilities operate as expected and provide a delightful experience to Expedia’s customers.
What you will do:
- Design and develop automation frameworks, quality tools and dashboards that enable fast-cycle small release development processes
- Work with the stakeholders on the requirements and timely delivery of product and tools
- Ensure that quality is built-in in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Platform certification through automation, and continuous improvement of the reliability of APIs and experiences delivered
- Participate in product development to ensure early detection of defects thru automation
- Influence quality best practices, and adoption of quality vision, process, standards, tools, automation frameworks and solutions
- Help create a high-quality testing culture
Who you are:
- Bachelor's or Master’s in Computer Science or in a related technical field with 7+ years of relevant experience ; or equivalent related professional experience
- A solid developer with passion and experience building large scale distributed applications / frameworks
- Strong development skills in Java or any other Object-Oriented Programming language
- Have a strong Bias to Action and a great sense of ownership
- Experienced in QA processes, building in quality in all phases of the product life cycle, test automation and execution of all types functional and non-functional tests
- An Engineer with Quality mind-set and customer first attitude
- Able to test, monitor, debug, fix issues within established SLAs, using testing and monitoring tools
- Experienced with REST APIs, CICD, NoSQL and cloud-based technologies (AWS preferred)
- Experience developing applications using Kafka is a plus
- Experience with React and other UI Technologies is a plus
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.