Senior Internal Auditor
Location: Austin, Texas, Seattle, Washington
Job Type: Full time
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
What you’ll do:
- Plan and execute audit and consultancy projects, including but not limited to audit planning, facilitation of process interviews, identification of risks, internal controls testing, identification of issues, and communication of audit/consultancy results to Company management;
- Demonstrate understanding of key business process risks and controls, and perform evaluation of design and effectiveness of controls;
- Perform advisory work for key processes or projects being implemented consisting of evaluating gaps and risk and providing guidance prior to implementation;
- Participate in enterprise-wide risk assessment interviews with key partners;
- Demonstrate strong project management skills and the ability to multi-task on quality work deliverables; and
- Coach, train, onboard and provide mentorship to junior members of the team in addition to building and maintaining strong positive relationships with Expedia personnel.
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree and approximately 3 - 5 years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and approximately 3 years of related work experience;
- Experience in financial, operational or IT audit;
- Knowledge of SOX;
- Strong analytical, problem solving and project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with previous experience in writing internal audit reports;
You will fit this role if you have:
Ability to travel domestic and international with ease – for some employees, the role may require up to 30% travel You will be preferred for this role if you have:
- Big 4 public accounting experience preferred, but not required;
- CPA/CA, CIA, CISA, CISM, CISSP, CFE, CMA, RICS APC, or CCIM certification desired (or ability to obtain a certification within 2 years);
- Knowledge of services/systems prevalent in large-scale public / technology organizations (including AWS, Workday, Hadoop and Oracle ERP) and experience in systems implementations and general computing controls;
- Degree in accounting, finance, computer science, business or a related field Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world’s travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people’s lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.