Program Manager - Strategic Initiatives - CTO Enablement
Location: Austin, Texas, Chicago, Illinois, San Francisco, California, Seattle, Washington
Job Type: Full time
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
Are you an outstanding program manager who is looking to join a team at the heart of Expedia's business? The Strategic Initiatives team is part of the CTO Enablement organization. Our team of program managers enables lean operations and processes to help drive forward CTO strategies and priorities while ensuring alignment, accountability, and transparency.
The Strategic Initiatives team works across many groups and products to deliver large, complex technology initiatives. As a Program Manager, you will play a meaningful role supporting Product and Technology organization by either spearheading your own programs or working alongside other program managers. You will shape the future of Expedia by bringing a blend of product, strategy, and program management competencies to our portfolio of high visibility initiatives. This role is unique and inherently cross-functional - you will collaborate across the multiple teams that develop and run our platform to envision and deliver solutions.
What you’ll do:
Initiative leadership & program management
- You will lead, co-lead or support large, long-range initiatives while delivering value incrementally by operating in an agile, rapid development environment
- You will operate effectively within the organization's formal and informal structures by building relationships across departments and understanding the roles and perspectives of diverse partner groups
- You will work across team boundaries with multiple product and program managers to appropriately prioritize work to align with overall initiative, organization, and company goals
- You will actively identify and drive resolution on cross-team issues, scope changes, resource constraints, and other impediments
Product strategy management
- You will continually build knowledge about our products, capabilities, usage, and future partner needs
- You will craft solutions that empower our business to scale and adapt by partnering with our brand and business partners to solve problems
Who you are:
Software Product Strategy & Program Management
- Experience owning or influencing product strategy & vision, roadmaps, and backlog prioritization
- Proven ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage trade-offs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners.
- Experience utilizing Agile, Waterfall, and hybrid methodologies
Leadership / Interpersonal / Communication
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results by working across subject areas and organizational boundaries
- Excellent influencing and relationship building skills as well as experience working with senior management
- Experience working cross-culturally and leading cross-functionally, and ability to adapt personal style to different environments
Problem Solving / Structuring / Analytical Abilities
- Strong strategic and critical thinking skills; ability to see the “big picture” while also diving into details when needed
- Creative decision maker who can work independently and apply quantitative rigor to analyses and tradeoff decisions
- Strong program planning skills with experience scoping and executing on large initiatives
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- 5-7 years of related experience in a world-class consulting firm, technology platform product management and/or large strategic program management
- Experience with developer tools, cloud technology, security, compliance, employee tech, networking, and/or infrastructure, in an ecommerce environment, is a plus
- Passion for travel is a plus
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying for a role in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Expedia is a Hybrid work environment - office locations include Seattle, Austin, Chicago or San Francisco.
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.