Senior Manager, Performance Marketing
Location: Seattle, Washington
Job Type: Full time
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
Senior Manager, SEM Performance Marketing
This is a highly visible role with the ability to make material contributions and impact to the success of the Expedia Group brands. The Senior Manager, Performance Marketing, Car & Cruise is directly accountable for the success of SEM bidding against Car & Cruise intent search. The Senior Manager leads a small team of Trading Specialists that manages P&L performance and orchestrates work across dedicated analytics, bidding operations, engineering and data science teams whilst maintaining strong relationships with our search-engine partners (e.g., Google, Bing).
- Work with the Marketing leadership and Finance teams to set goals and assess financial tradeoffs
- Manage the Car & Cruise trading team to achieve monthly/quarterly financial targets
- Collaborate with other marketing teams, site product, data science, and analytics to improve the Car & Cruise the shopping experience, and Expedia Group’s ability to attract Traveler’s to our sites.
- Work with our Search partners to set joint product and technology priorities that keep Expedia Group on the leading edge of the marketplace
- Inspiring and approachable as a leader
- Create an environment where people can realize their full potential
- Be humble and lead with open, candid relationships
- Inspire peripheral relationships across Expedia Group
- Passionate about engaging and developing talent; attract, develop, engage and retain talented individuals with a compelling, unifying vision that steers and motivates
- Natural bar-raiser: curious and passionate, with a desire to continuously learn more, which you use to understand basic business operations and the organizational levers that drive profitable growth
- Bias to action, being familiar with methods and approaches needed to get things done in a collaborative, lean and fast-moving environment
- Respond effectively to complex and ambiguous problems and situations
- Lead mostly with questions rather than opinions, thriving on the opportunity to own, innovate, create, and constantly re-evaluate
- Comfortable making recommendations across competing and equally critical business needs
- Simplify, clearly and succinctly convey complex information and ideas to individuals at all levels of the organization
- Motivated by goal achievement and continuous improvement, with the enthusiasm and drive to motivate your team and the wider organization
Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years experience in SEM trading or similar quantitative fields
- An impressive portfolio and history of delivering measurable and material business results
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent related professional experience) preferably in a technical/analytical field
- Experience working directly with engineering and/or data science teams highly desirable
- Executive-level written and verbal communication skills
This position is open to hybrid work out of Expedia Group's Seattle or Chicago office only.
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.