Distinguished Program Manager
Location: Seattle, Washington
Job Type: Full time
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
Distinguished Program Manager (Consumer Product)
Expedia Group is seeking a Distinguished Program Manager for the Consumer Product organization within the Product & Technology division. This position will report directly to the SVP of Consumer Product as an individual contributor and will help drive accountability for cross-team initiatives, lead special projects, and better enable cross-functional partnerships through the identification of operating model gaps and new opportunities to build economies of scale. The role is strategic, operational and analytical in nature.
The person in this role will be a key member of the Consumer Product leadership team and act as a true thought partner; drive critical initiatives that set up the organization for scale, agility and high performance; drive consistency; and bring alignment and clarity of roles to execution plans.
We anticipate this role to have high exposure and be a stepping stone to other leadership positions at Expedia Group, and are supportive of career movement or progression after 2 years in role.
What You Will Do:
- Drive complex technical and strategic initiatives on behalf of the SVP, Consumer Product within Product & Technology and across divisions
- Partner with Product, Engineering, Experience Design, and Analytics leaders to analyze and synthesize data into insights, and ensure alignment across the organization on overall strategic goals, standards, OKRs, and KPIs for each planning cycle to prioritize outcomes that deliver amazing traveler experiences
- Collaborate with Strategy, Program Management & Planning, People, Finance, and Business Operations partners to execute against an operational roadmap and maintain a healthy product organization
- Drive orchestration of workstreams and initiatives, coordinating with product lines to ensure consistency in execution and ensuring consistent prioritization of key priorities and timelines
- Optimize resource allocation to align with strategic goals - ensure that priority projects are appropriately resourced, driving trade off decisions occur as necessary
- Provide strategic guidance and input to internal and external communications, strategic planning, leadership offsites, Town Halls, and day-to-day priorities for the SVP in partnership with enablement partners
- Act as the delegate for Consumer Product on one or more complex or ambiguous initiatives
Key Processes You Will Manage And/Or Support:
- Team, division and organizational backlog and progress dashboards
- Operational business reviews focused on progress towards goals, metrics and OKRs
- Product and program performance reviews
- Industry news, developments & analysis – what does this mean to us?
- Execution plans
Who You Are:
- Deep experience in technical program management, management consulting or strategy within or for global technology organizations
- Expertise in operational excellence including business planning, prioritization, and headcount management; a Chief of Staff role, or related capabilities
- Proven excellence as a leader capable of driving high-impact initiatives that deliver meaningful business results
- Able to juggle multiple priorities with a high degree of flexibility and accountability, in a constantly fast-evolving environment, with a strong bias for action
- A natural bar-raiser: curious and passionate, with a desire to continuously learn more, which you use to understand basic business operations and the organizational levers that drive profitable growth
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to influence and bring a strategic, systems thinking mindset to complex, cross-functional projects
- Strong team-building, analytical, collaboration, and enterprise leadership skills
- Advanced ability to “connect the dots” and very comfortable using data to speak truth to power
- Respond effectively to complex and ambiguous problems and situations with the ability to simplify, recommend, call to action, and build consensus across leadership
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee’s I-9 to confirm work authorization.
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.