Data Scientist II, Product Analytics
Location: Austin, Texas
Job Type: Full time
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
Data Scientist, Product Analytics II:
Are you passionate about uncovering opportunities to improve the customer experience through the power of data? If you are intellectually curious, analytical, and excel in translating data insights into recommendations, this job is perfect for you!
Expedia Group is one of the largest online merchants globally, processing over $100 billion in travel bookings annually through our portfolio of brands and third-party travel businesses. We enable millions of travel businesses with a powerful set of eCommerce capabilities.
We are seeking an analytics professional to join our Global Product Analytics Team. This will be an individual contributor role partnering with product managers within the Checkout product team. This role will be supporting key business decisions throughout the Checkout product development lifecycle that improves the user experience for millions of Expedia customers. This will involve uncovering customer friction points, hypothesis generation and prioritization, experimentation design, valid and impartial test analysis and recommendations.
What we can offer you:
- Challenging statistical problems, a business that loves to test & learn, and billions of data points!
- Operating within a community of analysts sharing their expertise
- Personal growth (skillset expansion, job rotation, etc.)
What you'll do :
- You will apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, predictive modeling, and data visualization to provide best product experiences for our travelers
- Support Checkout a/b testing including discovery analysis, test design, test evaluation and recommendations for future iterations
- Contribute to metrics framework development
- Build accurate and easy to consume dashboards/reports
- Collaborate with the product teams in goal setting, product performance review and strategy planning
Who you are:
- 2+ years of work experience doing quantitative analysis to solve business problems
- Excellent logical thinking and a scientific approach to problem-solving (i.e. ability to ask the right questions and design appropriate analyses to answer them).
- Strong interest in understanding how the business works
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment and be comfortable with a high level of ambiguity
- Experience with large data sets and proficient in SQL or other programming languages (R, Python)
- Experience with digital analytics tools, such as Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics Premium
- Knowledge of experimentation techniques like AB Tests, Causal Inference, multivariate testing etc.
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.