Senior Software Development Engineer
Location: Seattle, Washington
Job Type: Full time
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
Senior Software Development Engineer
Do you want to transform how millions of people discover, shop & book travel? Do you dive deep into complex problems looking for infinitely scalable solutions, that power robust, and crafted user experiences? If so, consider Expedia Group's Services initiatives.
We, in the Expedia Group’s Affiliates Team, are building the next-generation, scalable B2B partnership platform that will power hundreds of thousands of demand partners across the industry ranging from big businesses to small bloggers and micro influencers in helping them recommend Expedia Group brands to their audiences and in the process grow their businesses. We aim to redefine the travel partnerships sector by building innovative partner tools and solutions that incorporates the new ways in which today’stravelersdiscover and shop travel products.
To do this, we need technically passionateengineering leaderwith an entrepreneurial approach who love challenges, enjoy problem solving and take pride in delivering best-in-class products.
You willwork with a geo-distributed, cross functional team of 30+ engineers designing and developing solutions forcomplex problemswith awide-reachingbusiness impact.
Join Expedia Group and help define the Gold Standard of Service in the travel industry.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with peers, leaders, and partners across functions and business groups to come up with technology solutions to business problems
- Lead a community of engineers and help strengthen the team
- You will own the end-to-end product life cycle for large s
- You will find and advocate for industry standards in development methodologies, techniques, and technologies
- Share domain and industry knowledge between multi-functional teams
- Research and recommend frameworks and architectural/code design patterns
- Mentor and coach junior
- Advocate for operational excellence (such as unit testing, establishing SLAs, programming for resiliency and scalability)
- Take a whole systems approach to analyze issues and implement comprehensive solutions by ensuring that linkages between structure, people, process, and technology are made
- Anticipate and prevent problems and roadblocks, before they occur,
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s or
- Full stack engineering with e
- Experience working with
- Experience building data pipelines
- Experience working with front end technologies such as ReactJS, NodeJS, AngularJS or an equivalent language
- Demonstrated understanding of cloud services
- Strong knowledge of
- Experience leading cross-functional
- Mentored and developed other software engineers
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information clearly and concisely
- Experience in Agile/Scrum software development practices
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.