Corporate Counsel - InsurTech
Location: Seattle, Washington
Job Type: Full time
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
Corporate Counsel – InsurTech
Expedia Group is hiring a Corporate Counsel to join the Expedia Legal & Government Affairs team in Seattle, WA (hybrid). We are looking for an attorney with at least 5 years of experience to support Expedia’s InsurTech team, which provides confidence to book, peace of mind, and protection when the unexpected happens for our travelers globally through an innovative portfolio of risk-based products.
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and curious lawyer to collaborate on the cutting edge of insurance, travel, and technology!
What you'll do:
- You will provide thoughtful and practical legal advice to Expedia’s InsurTech business team on a variety of product, display, strategic, and regulatory issues
- You will simplify complex information and facilitate decision-making
- You will work closely with insurance suppliers to identify compliant options that provide the best experiences for our travelers
- You will negotiate, draft, and interpret contracts related to global travel insurance distribution
- You will identify when there is a need for outside legal counsel and, when warranted, closely manage outside counsel's work and budgets
Who you are:
- You are a business-minded lawyer with a strong work ethic and a bias to action
- You have experience interpreting insurance regulations and consumer laws
- You are a skilled negotiator, able to identify creative solutions where appropriate
- You are an effective advocate with excellent verbal and written communications skills
- You ask smart questions and are not afraid to talk through pros and cons of options in real time
- You are capable of quickly distinguishing between significant and insignificant issues
- You are eager to take on a high volume of complex matters efficiently and independently, with ownership of projects
- You can make pragmatic decisions and recommendations in ambiguous situations
- You want to establish constructive working relationships with business clients and legal colleagues in Expedia, in addition to external partners
- You have been working as a lawyer in a high-performing role for at least 5 years
- You have a J.D. degree and are licensed (or eligible to apply for a license) to practice law in Washington state.
- Experience with insurance licensing, insurance claims handling, self-insurance, reinsurance, and/or captives a plus
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.