Treasury Manager, FX & Capital Markets
Location: Seattle, Washington
Job Type: Full time
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
Expedia's Treasury Capital Markets team is responsible for managing foreign currency exposures resulting from over $90 billion of yearly gross bookings in over 75 countries, as well as managing the company’s capital structure through debt financing and related transactions. As an FX member of the Capital Markets team, you will play an integral role in managing Expedia’s foreign currency exposure risk.
- Manage foreign currency risk for a dynamic, multi-program (cash flow hedging, balance sheet hedging, net investment hedging) FX hedge portfolio
- Identify currency exposures and develop appropriate hedging strategies
- Review accounting results and investigate gaps/anomalies/discrepancies
- Analyze hedge performance and communicate with stakeholders including senior leaders
- Identify areas for improving program effectiveness and efficiency
- Mentor, educate, and guide the work of junior team members
- Collaborate with internal groups such as cash management, accounting, tax, and legal
- Support other Capital Markets and Treasury projects and functions as needed
- 2+ years of FX Hedging in a corporate setting, with 5+ years in Treasury or related field
- Strong understanding of accounting, financial reporting, and corporate finance concepts
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with an attention to detail and accuracy
- Reliable and organized team player with effective communication and social skills
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and proactively seek solutions
- High level of integrity, initiative, motivation and curiosity
- Bachelor's degree - Business, Finance, Economics, or Accounting preferred
- MBA, CPA, CFA or other professional certification a plus
Our Cultural Norms:
- We Believe in Being Different. We seek new ideas, different ways of thinking, diverse backgrounds and approaches, because averages can lie and sameness is dangerous. Because of this belief, our norms aren't rules or universal at all corners of our company. But they are important to our identity and how we work together. Like our company, these norms will evolve.
- We Lead Humbly. Our leaders serve their teams. None of us has all of the answers, but we are curious and we are always looking to learn. Though our leaders take their responsibilities to our business and their teams exceptionally seriously, they never take themselves too seriously.
- We are Transparent. We communicate openly and honestly, at all levels, upwards, sideways and downwards. We surface difficult issues quickly, we act, we learn.
- We Organize for Speed. We seek to capture data as fast as possible, and move. Speed allows us to make mistakes and constantly improve.
- We Believe in the Scientific Method. Everyone’s ideas are equal in the face of hard data.
- We use data to guide but not define our actions.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.