Senior Mobile Engineer (iOS)
Location: Seattle, Washington
Job Type: Full time
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
Senior Mobile Engineer (iOS)
When it comes to travel, planning an incredible journey can be overwhelming – coordinate with everyone, decide where to go and what to do, and find the best value that fits everyone’s needs. The Expedia Trips Experience Team is committed to provide travelers an amazing experience in trip planning and sharing so they can discover their dream vacation, share, and plan it with friends and family through our platform.
Our team is building the next generation of trip planning and sharing experience to make travel planning fun and enjoyable. We design responsive, cross-platform, and large-scale solutions to interact with every line of business (airline, lodging, car rental, etc.) a traveler need to build their complete trip.
We are seeking a passionate and self-driven mobile app developer who is interested in building mobile experiences through a platform-agnostic framework.
What you’ll do:
- Design and lead cross-platform feature development in trip planning and sharing
- Implement holistic solutions to bring consistent experience between platforms, with focus on mobile and advise on technological limitations and alternative solutions
- Partner with UX designers, engineers, and product managers to drive deliverables that delight travelers
- Advocate for engineering excellence, exceptional usability, and outstanding quality
- Drive architectural decisions on our systems and the integration with the platform
- Be part of an agile team that is continuously learning and improving
- Share knowledge across teams and mentor junior developers
Who you are:
- Extensive knowledge of iOS technologies such as SwiftUI, Objective-C, Cocoa, Combine and RxSwift.
- Experienced in communicating with technical leadership, leading vaguely defined projects, and driving clarification and simplification
- Have built complex and large-scale solutions with large transaction volumes
- Confident in driving technical discussions and decisions across functional teams and organizations
- Committed to mentoring new developers
- Passionate about learning and growing others around you
- Experience working with gRPC, Rest APIs, GraphQL and familiarity with the development of services using Spring Boot on Cloud (e.g., AWS)
- Experience working around Apache Tomcat, Spring MVC, Spring Boot, Docker, Gradle.
- Experience using code versioning tools for e.g., Git
Starting pay for this role will vary based on multiple factors, including location, available budget, and an individual’s knowledge, skills, and experience. Pay ranges may be modified in the future.
Expedia Group is proud to offer a wide range of benefits to support employees and their families, including medical/dental/vision, paid time off, and an Employee Assistance Program. To fuel each employee’s passion for travel, we offer a wellness & travel reimbursement, travel discounts, and an International Airlines Travel Agent (IATAN) membership.View our full list of benefits.
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.