Mobile Engineer III (Android)
Location: Seattle, Washington
Job Type: Full time
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
Expedia’s Intelligent Conversational Experiences team is dedicated to driving technology innovation to create effortless customer experiences worldwide in Expedia Group apps, websites, support channels, and contact centers via our Virtual Agent Platform. We support over 80 million customer interactions a year and over 12 thousand agents – across a global brand portfolio and workforce. We are looking for a thoughtful and dedicated Software Development Engineer with a strong background in Android development with experiences and abilities that demonstrate a capability for delivering high-quality, customer-facing features that meet platform and product needs. Our team is innovating intelligence services that power Expedia Group's Virtual Agents to make an outstanding impact on customer needs in an optimal manner without needing human intervention. With your passion, technical skills, and effective communication, you will implement and affect solutions that drive customer effort down and improve customer self-service at Expedia.
What you will do:
- Build market differentiating virtual assistant experience using a variety of technologies to partner with our conversational Platform.
- Implement holistic solutions to bring consistent experience between platforms, with focus on Android and advise on technological limitations and alternative solutions
- Partner with Product leaders, Designers, and fellow engineers to innovate best-in-class solutions.
- Develop outstanding and thoroughly tested code for our platform
- Deliver on team goals and partner effectively in defining technical solutions
- Follow coding standards and engineering practices as agreed by the team
- Cross organizational boundaries to collaborate with other technology teams to resolve integrated problems
- Advocate for engineering excellence, exceptional usability, and outstanding quality
- Drive architectural decisions on our systems and the integration with the platform
Who you are:
- Extensive knowledge of Android technologies such as Jetpack, Jetpack Compose, Java, Kotlin, Kotlin Coroutines, Flow, GraphQL, and Android Studio
- Experience developing backend services – RESTful APIs, GraphQL
- Experience with Mobile Architecture patterns like MVP & MVVM
- Experience working with A/B testing, Event frameworks
- Confident in driving technical discussions and decisions across functional teams and organizations
- Ability to collaborate and get results cross-team, in a sophisticated working environment
- Passion for building a Conversational AI platform is highly desired
- Excited to pick up, learn and run with new technologies and frameworks such as Swift UI and GraphQL
Starting pay for this role will vary based on multiple factors, including location, available budget, and an individual’s knowledge, skills, and experience. Pay ranges may be modified in the future.
Expedia Group is proud to offer a wide range of benefits to support employees and their families, including medical/dental/vision, paid time off, and an Employee Assistance Program. To fuel each employee’s passion for travel, we offer a wellness & travel reimbursement, travel discounts, and an International Airlines Travel Agent (IATAN) membership.View our full list of benefits.
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.