Software Engineer - Portsmouth, NH
Location: Somersworth, New Hampshire
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
We have a future to create, so join Aclara as we harness science and engineering to make a difference. We're at the intersection of communications, data technology, energy, and national resource engineering.
Over 800 energy and utility customers across the globe ask us to solve complex challenges from making the power grid smarter, to delivering clear water, to empowering their customers to conserve energy. We're a hardware, software, and network engineering company building new solutions to hard problems. We're big data gurus and in the field problem solvers.
Sound like your kind of challenge? Then join us. We'll offer you a great work environment and competitive benefits such as medical, dental, and vision care, flex spending, 401k, tuition reimbursement, vacation, holiday and personal time, and we're committed to diversity and our veterans.
The Software Engineer will have broad responsibilities developing software to serve all aspects of manufacturing operations. This will include writing software applications to improve a variety of operational tasks: monitoring production lines, production scheduling apps, RMA tracking, order entry quality, yield and productivity increases, cycle time improvements and quality initiatives. This position will actively search out cost and quality improvement opportunities that can be enhanced with software applications.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify, evaluate and propose software productivity and quality improvements for the manufacturing operation.
- Design, develop, and maintain reliable software applications written in high level languages and modern technologies with limited guidance from Manager or Architect.
- Manage full Software Development Life Cycles of each project.
- Document all newly developed code, code modifications, and issue resolutions.
- Ensure department software version and bug tracking systems are updated in a timely manner.
- Utilize software development best practices and adhere to department software policies and procedures.
- Provide project status to management on a timely basis.
- Escalate issues to management as they are identified.
- Ensure deadlines are met.
- Provide guidance to Associate and Junior Software Engineers.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum 3 years of development experience using VB.net, C# or equivalent object-oriented language.
- Minimum 3 years of database experience with SQL Server or comparable database. To include advanced queries and database architecture setup.
- Well versed in the use of Microsoft.net platform and related frameworks for web-based applications.
- Fully skilled using API’s on PLM, ERP and Time Management type systems
- Strong capabilities using GUI frameworks.
- Thorough comprehension of data formats particularly JSON and XML.
- Solid understanding of software development lifecycles.
- Ability to analyze problems and identify root cause.
- Good time management skills, including multi-tasking.
- Ability to learn new technologies with and without formal training.
- Ability to work both as a team member and as an independent developer.
- Good communication skills.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.