Design Drafting Supervisor - Leeds, AL
Location: Leeds, Alabama
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Supervise the production driven CAD system and Product Designers within the ETO team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage production-driven ETO design schedule
- Reviews, prioritizes, assigns, and confirms the accuracy of all CAD drafting projects
- Supervise communication between Designers and Customers (internal and external)
- Arranges electronic release of engineering drawings and monitors release for completeness and accuracy
- Performs software training for product engineering personnel and others as assigned
- Provides continuing support for new and experienced engineering users of CAD systems
- Completes CAD and solids modeling assignments as assigned
- Perform design and drafting duties for make-to-order high voltage switches
- Ensure drawings are accurate and timely
- Communicate regularly with shop floor regarding any manufacturability or quality issues
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Skills and Experience
- Associates Degree, or equivalent experience in drafting and design
- Previous experience in a similar supervisory position
- 6+ years of engineering drawing using CAD packages
- Proficient with 2D CAD packages (ideally AutoCAD and Microstation)
- Proficient with 3D CAD packages (SolidWorks, Inventor, etc.)
- Substation and transmission design, ideally switchgear
- Design of structural steel including FEA
- Accurately interpreting IEEE standards as they relate to air break switches
- Large scale 2D to 3D transition
- Inventor Vault
- 3D modeling automation
- MS Access & SQL programming
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.