Sr. DevOps Engineer - St. Louis, MO
Location: Herndon, Virginia, Solon, Ohio, St. Louis, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
Aclara Offices in the following US cities:
- St. Louis MO
- Solon OH
- Reston VA
The Sr. DevOps Engineer will provide technical leadership to a small team charged with supporting a large, multinational software development effort. The successful candidate should be considered an expert in the areas of environment provisioning, packaging, deployment, and monitoring services for both on-premises and cloud-based software solutions. In addition, the incumbent will be called upon to lead troubleshooting efforts to resolve deployment issues that may arise in the field. Excellent communications skills are also a must, as this role will require frequent interaction with multiple functional departments located in India, the United States, and Spain.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Champion best practices and hold the team to a high standard
- Stay abreast of the latest technology and industry trends, identifying candidates that can benefit Aclara.
- Create and maintain deployment pipelines for multiple product development teams.
- Help design, implement, and maintain continuous integration solutions.
- Create and manage Azure based VMs for development, test, UAT, and Production environments
- Monitor Azure utilization, identify trends, and recommend cost saving opportunities
- Works with Application teams to deliver leading platforms with tight deadlines.
- Manages tasks across multiple simultaneous projects with aggressive timelines.
- Provide full application development support across all environments
- Act as a liaison between application development and infrastructure/support teams.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues, both internal and in the field
- Deliver streamlined deployment solutions for on-premise product installations.
Education, Skills and Experience
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in a DevOps Engineer role as well as application infrastructure related activities.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in any one of these technologies: Puppet, Ansible, Chef, Ruby, Python or Shell scripting.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with Azure, AWS or similar IAAS \ SAAS provider.
- Experience with PowerShell, Load balancing, Firewall and DNS.
- Working knowledge of security best practices.
- Working knowledge of Source Control best practices.
- Prior experience with tools such as VSTS, Azure DevOps, or Jenkins and setting up CI/CD pipelines.
- Strong understanding of Internet protocols including HTTP, SSL, TCP, IP.
- Knowledge of LAN WAN Network, VPN and IPSEC.
- Prior experience in using cloud APIs to automate provisioning, deployment, improving system performance and stability.
- Knowledge of Cloud APIs and Cloud technologies with some .NET & C# programming experience.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open-source technologies and tools.
- Use of Cloud APIs to automate provisioning and deployments.