Demand Planner (Hubbell Site Flexible) Shelton, CT
Location: Shelton, Connecticut
Job Type: Not Specified
Reporting to the WBP Senior Demand Planning Manager, develop and monitor finished goods forecasts trends/planning policies in IBP and SAP. Using the SAP IBP Demand Planning & Inventory Optimization tools, this position drives the company cash flow, inventory days on hand and service goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze assigned finished goods priorities/exceptions & update SAP and/or IBP Demand Planning in accordance stocking reviews (MTS vs MTO), forecast reviews using forecast accuracy measures & safety stock min-max levels.
- Coordinate & lead Demand Forecast Consensus monthly meeting with Product Marketing & Finance to align and drive a 12-month future forecast in IBP Demand Planning and SAP.
- Monitor and modify planning parameters as changes in business and/or market dictate.
- Develop new material forecast and stocking plan from NPD (New Product Development) projects. Align with Product Marketing to ensure plan meets NPD project expectations.
- Coordinate & develop the materials’ phase out plan from line deletions produced from Product Marketing.
- Analyze the yearly recast of ABC codes.
- Participate in monthly WBP SIOP meetings.
- Minimize excess & obsolete inventory with monthly reviews with Product Marketing.
- Perform additional tasks as assigned by the WBP Senior Demand Planning Manager.
Skills and Experience
- SAP, MS office including Intermediate MS Excel and Access type user, and Power BI or other reporting tools.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Demand Planning.
- Supply chain knowledge – a demand planner with an in-depth understanding of the supply chain and how it functions.
- Familiarity with statistics – a solid understanding of applied math and the statistical software programs used to create forecasts.
- Analytical thinking – an ability to analyze and use critical thinking skills on a regular basis is key.
- Creative thinking – the ability to think outside of the box and devise creative solutions to various problems.
- Presentation skills – even though much of a demand planner’s work focuses on forecasting, analyzing, and tracking, they must also explain to others why they recommend certain moves.
- Interpersonal skills – although demand planners complete a significant amount of their work independently, they must also interact with others who affect the forecasting process.
- This position requires a detailed oriented individual who can rationalize data to confidently make decisions quickly.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.