Cost Accounting Manager - Oklahoma City, OK
Location: Oklahoma City
Job Type: Not Specified
We are hiring a Cost Accounting Manager to join our growing team!
The Cost Accounting Manager role is primarily responsible for ensuring accurate and properly maintained standard costs across multiple plants and product lines, monthly financial closing and reporting, providing financial guidance to the operations management team, and maintaining transparency within the Hubbell control environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Key point of contact for the development of standard costs for multiple Enclosures BU plants on a daily and yearly basis
- Month end financial closing including journal entries and balance sheet account reconciliations
- Ensure internal controls are being routinely measured for effectiveness and where necessary identify risks
- Support the preparation of monthly forecasts and yearly operating plans
- Perform quarter end cutoff activities
- Compile monthly materials index to support indexed pricing to specific customers
- Assist in providing information to internal and external auditors when necessary
- Lead in the execution of annual physical inventories at multiple plants
- Lead the cycle counting program for the business
- Provide financial support for projects including the evaluation of capital requests (AFEs)
- Provide ad hoc reporting and information as necessary
- Property and insurance related reporting
Skills and Experience
- 4-6 years Manufacturing Accounting experience
- BS in Accounting/Finance required: CPA or CMA is beneficial
- Good working knowledge of standard costing procedures and inventory valuation
- Solid knowledge of transactional accounting and internal controls
- SAP and HFM knowledge will be beneficial
- Able to perform and understand complex analysis
- Expert level knowledge of Excel Vlookup, Sumifs, and Pivot Table functions
- US GAAP and Sarbanes Oxley proficiency
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to perform variance analysis and convey findings properly and accurately to varied audiences within the business unit
Thank you for your interest in a new career with our company. We look forward to hearing from you!
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. Today, HPS is deeply engaged in product solutions for OSP Communication utility purposes, and has been actively growing that segment of the business. HPS roots have historically been in high voltage transmission, distribution, substation, underground products used by electric utilities. HPS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas and water industries.
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers. Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.