Director Corporate Communications - (Hubbell Site Flexible) - Shelton, CT
Location: Greenville, South Carolina, Shelton, Connecticut, St. Louis, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
This position can located to Shelton, CT or Greenville, SC or St Louis, MO
Hubbell Incorporated is looking for a hard-working, creative, and strategic Corporate Communications Director to join our team. You will play a central role in our employee experience by developing Hubbell’s overall corporate communications strategy that engages and touches every one of our over 18,000 employees across multiple countries.
You will lead a small but mighty team of communicators, partnering with executives, leaders and employees, focused on building an engaging, compelling and memorable narrative that can be driven internally and externally. Your expertise with the entire communications mix includes thought leadership, employee and change communications, executive communications and multiple channels of delivery.
As part of the Talent, Inclusion and Corporate Communications team, you will help us create connections across our large organization, sharing leadership messages and updates and employee stories and accomplishments. Your experience with cross digital, print and video will help us further our corporate storytelling capabilities and showcase all the exciting innovations, employee and company achievements while providing strategic counsel on crafting messages to our leaders and business partners.
It’s an exciting time for a strong player/coach to join and build a world-class communications function and team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide strategic counsel and communications expertise to help internal business partners bring their programs and initiatives to life using the appropriate communications methods and channels.
- Proactively identify and build new opportunities to continually up level, and infuse fun, and surprise into our communications strategies and platform.
- Provide strategic communications advice and guidance to leadership specifically related to effective communications regarding strategy articulation, strategic initiatives, change management and employee engagement.
- Develop compelling content that explains our culture, values, strategy and helps every employee understand their role in the mission and feel like this is the best place to have an epic career
- Assist with our social media strategy across all platforms, including LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, and help to build a monthly content calendar that aligns with Hubbell’s editorial strategy, company, and segment initiatives
- Continuously evolving and maintaining IC tools, processes (central editorial calendar), and channels (employee intranet, newsletter)
- Establish communication tools and processes, including partnering with the IT organization in the development of modern, innovative tools to improve internal communications flow.
- Identify, research, and write informative and engaging content for employee communications and target external audiences, including partnering with Hubbell Enterprise Marketing on social media, industry and/or mainstream news outlets as appropriate, depending on topic and situation.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, or related field.
- Multiple years of experience in communications, including supervisory and comprehensive marketing experience
- Knowledge and expertise in change and public relations campaigns.
- Excellent verbal, written and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to excel in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience providing counsel to senior and C-level executives around strategy, crises responses and cultural transformation
- Ability to build, lead and mentor a team of 2-3 people
- Collaborate across businesses and lead cross-functional projects for the company
- Excellent multi-tasking skills, able to set own priorities, and work under tight deadline pressure
- A knack for storytelling, with the ability to turn complex information into engaging content
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to pivot and move forward in ambiguous situations
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.