Sales Support Engineer - Largo, FL
Location: Largo, Florida, Ontario, California, Tempe, Arizona
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Beckwith Electric introduced the first solid state tapchanger control in 1968, and was the first to develop the microprocessor based protective relay in 1981. Today, Beckwith Electric has thousands of protection and control units in service worldwide, with a reputation for cutting-edge technology, defined by its customers and refined by Beckwith. This success starts with Beckwith Electric Employees and their commitment to quality in the products.
Beckwith creates solutions that protect power systems around the world. Beckwith’s field-proven smart distribution automation controls for transformers, regulators and capacitor banks incorporate unique control strategies, advanced microprocessor architecture and cyber security compliant communications. Power systems protection solutions include generator, transformer, feeder, recloser and distributed energy resources (DERs). Additionally, Beckwith’s fast motor bus transfer systems at power plants and process industries transfer motor bus from a faulty source to an alternate source to preventing motor damage while preserving the process continuity.
Beckwith is the leading provider of innovative solutions for Smart Grid Volt/VAr Optimization (VVO) and Conservation Voltage Reduction (CVR). The capacitor controls and regulator/LTC controls designed by Beckwith Electric incorporate advanced features to enable maximum benefits to be derived from an Integrated Volt/Var Management (IVVM) system. When distribution system is experiencing high penetration of DERs, features such as Smart Voltage Reduction and Smart Reverse Power can be applied to operate properly as stand-alone controls with no communications, or as a critical part of an overall centralized IVVM system with extensive communications.
Customer Sales Support Engineer is responsible for providing product and application support and in some cases, on-site support to customers that have field issues with Beckwith Electric products. These products include LTC controls, regulator controls, capacitor controls, recloser controls, feeder, transformer and generation protection as well as inter-tie protection and bus transfer systems.
This is a 100% remote position.
6190 118th Ave. N.
Largo, FL 33773 (Tampa/St Petersburg area)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Investigate and troubleshoot specific customer application or product problems and propose solutions and changes that may be required for satisfactory resolution.
- Review specifications, plans and other customer documents to assure proper application and operation of the company's products and systems.
- Assist product management personnel with preparing complex quotations and sales orders for Controls.
- Review and verify customer’s control settings for application and calculation accuracy.
- Provide input to improve product and application documentation for customers.
- Assist product management team in collecting customer specifications for potential new product offerings and enhancements to existing products and systems.
- Comply with all work rules, including but not limited to, the Company's safety and attendance policies.
- As required, assist the sales force with the preparation and conducting of technical presentations and demonstrations to gain acceptance by the customer.
- As required, provide training to company employees, sales representatives and customers.
- As required, represent the company at national and regional trade associations, conferences and exhibitions.
- As required, overnight travel may be required.
Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of Electric Power Industry or other related experience.
- Strong fundamental grasp of the Electric power Industry in the protection and control area including communications with SCADA.
- Proven success in the product application support.
- Strategic vision with practical approach to meet goals.
- Strong communications skills are required.
- Ability to use protective relay test sets.
- Ability to use SCADA Communication test sets for MODBUS, DNP 3.0, and IEC-61850.
- Ability to use Sales Force and other software packages to document customer conversations.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.