Controls Application Engineer - Archdale, NC
Location: Archdale, North Carolina
Job Type: Not Specified
The Application Engineer for Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs) and controls is responsible for promoting & applying VFD products, controls, & systems within several Heavy industrial product sectors, including products designed to support metals production, power utilities, oil & gas industries, etc. As an Applications Engineer, act as VFD product expert to both internal and external customers. As a Product Manager, ensure the growth and expansion for the VFD product line. Responsibilities include ensuring accurate & proper equipment is specified, quoted, installed, commissioned and supported in the best interests of the customer and Hubbell. This requires clear communication, oral & written, of product and project opportunities; and requires timely coordination with Manufacturing, Engineering, Quality, and Sales personnel.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide accurate quotes to customers based on specifications and drawings
- Shepherd orders through the factory, via collaboration with Engineering and factory personnel
- Provide VFD technical & commercial support and training to internal & external customers
- Assess potential application of products and offer solutions that meet customer needs
- Suggest improvements to existing products.
- Represent the products to customers via oral and written communication, both virtually and in person
- Develop & present product demonstrations
- Provide occasional field commissioning and service work
- Able to work on overhead crane catwalks greater than 20 feet above ground level
- Periodic overnight travel (approximately 15-20%) to customer locations, sometimes on short notice, sometimes internationally, and may include weekends and/or holidays.
- Able to be on call nights and weekends for customer phone support.
Skills and Experience
- Able to read/interpret schematics and mechanical drawings
- Experience applying, troubleshooting, or repairing control systems & motor control circuits.
- Experience with DC and / or AC motor controls.
- Manufacturing experience desired.
- Proficient knowledge of industrial systems.
- Ability to prioritize incoming work from several sources and follow through to results.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient with Office Suite, PowerPoint, and AutoCAD.
Hubbell Industrial Controls
4301 Cheyenne Drive
Archdale, NC 27263
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.