Sr. Firmware Engineer - Boonton, NJ
Location: Boonton, New Jersey
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. Today, HUS is also deeply engaged in product solutions for the Utility Communications and Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) space and has been actively growing that segment of the business. HUS roots have historically been in high voltage transmission, distribution, substation, underground products used by electric utilities. HUS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas, and water industries.
HUS has four business units. Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) is our electrical components and infrastructure business. Aclara is our AMI and Meters business and also includes an installation business. Hubbell Gas Connectors and Accessories (HGCA) sells connectors and accessories for the repair, replacement and refurbishment of natural gas systems. Our fourth business is our Protection and Controls business which is our newest business initiative to drive substation communications, control and protection solutions. HUS provides these solutions in the Electric Utility, Water, Gas and Communications Market.
353 Powerville Road
Boonton, NJ 07005
The Senior Firmware Engineer position that involves being a part of R&D group that develops complex software products for the electric utility market. The Senior Firmware Engineer will architect and implement highly complex embedded software in higher-level languages for embedded microprocessor-based systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform driver development on ARM processors in the Linux development environment (Examples: CPU-DDR, CPU-FPGA, CPU-NVRAM, CPU-DSP, CPU-PHY etc)
- Perform software development at Linux applications level to add new product features and/or for bug fixes
- Design and develop Linux-based embedded firmware based on requirements specifications (C, C++)
- Perform u-boot level changes, troubleshooting for ARM processors in the Linux environment, as required
- Interface third-party software stacks with main firmware application running in the ARM processors, as required
- Efficiently work in a fast-paced, goal-oriented product development environment
- Participate in firmware architecture development, reviewing design specifications with other cross-functional teams
- Help with requirements breakdown analysis as required
- Support Production, Service, Test, and Sales in all phases of product development including post-engineering support
Skills and Experience
- BSEE or BSCS degree
- Strong experience with Linux-based "C", "C++" development
- Strong Linux development skills
- Must have u-boot level experience for ARM processors in development environment
- Proven track record for firmware development at Linux application level (based on business-logic) for feature additions/implementation
- Exposure to ethernet-technology (TCPIP) based firmware development in a Linux environment
- Proven track record for successful product development/enhancement based on legacy firmware
- Must be able to read schematics, debug analog & digital hardware using oscilloscope, logic analyzer & similar tools for troubleshooting
- Demonstrated use of static code analysis tools such as "Source Insight", "SonarQube", "Klocwork/Rogue Wave", etc.
- Familiarity w Texas Instrument's ARM processors
- Strong ability to troubleshoot & preform root cause analysis
- Strong team player w excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Must be self-driven, achievement oriented with ability to work on multiple development projects concurrently
- Experience w Sitara family
- Prior development experience involving communication protocols SNMP, DNP, IEC61850
- Familiarity w DevOps, VSTS environments
- Development experience w DSPs and PIC controllers
- Experience w SQLite, Bash, Perl scripting
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.