Product Manager (Distribution) - Birmingham, AL
Location: Leeds, Alabama
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Position requires someone to be local to Birmingham, AL.
Hybrid Work Schedule with Mondays/Fridays as work from home days.
Product Manager will lead the management of marketing strategies pertaining to the switching product line. Will focus on the development of new markets for existing products, as well as generate new product ideas and follow through with development that may include establishing marketing policies such as pricing, promotion, and some product concerns.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Will own new product development to include assisting with market analysis, specification development, pricing, product application, and product changes
- Assist customer service on product application, customer problems, and opportunities
- Provide a network for communicating with the sales (domestic and international) force and product specialists
- Communicate with application engineers and field sales to assure product needs are being met
- Act as engineering liaison in development of new products
- Generate new product ideas based on market demands and sound business analysis.
- Establish and implement market policies such as pricing, promotion, and product extensions.
- Create business and marketing plans for existing product expansions and new product launches.
- Guide new product development launch, including specifying features, marketing plans, and launch process.
- Work with marketing research and channel distribution; develop marketing plans for new and legacy product lines.
- Lead cross functional teams for manufacturing, scheduling, and cost control and quality departments to maintain a profitable market position.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Engineering, or Marketing
- 5+ years experience in an engineering/manufacturing environment
- New Product Management/Extension background
- Proactive, innovative, solution-oriented
- Have strong written and oral communication skills.
- Have proven ability to meet project objectives and timelines.
- Be a strong team player.
- Have strong ambition, drive and motivation to succeed.
- May need to travel up to 30% as needed.
- Global perspective and strong customer interaction skills
- Direct experience with one or more of the following is highly desirable:
- Electrical distribution utility markets
- Medium- and/or High Voltage switching applications
- Electrical power metering, monitoring, or control
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.