Quality Manager (Connectors) - Birmingham, AL
Location: Leeds, Alabama
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Connectors Plant - Leeds, AL
We are searching for a Quality Manager for our manufacturing location in Leeds, AL that can lead, implement, and maintain a modern quality management system focused on the prevention and elimination of defects throughout the product value chain. This person will be a part of a cross-functional team with other engineering disciplines, and they establish the principles of product, process and service quality evaluation and control for the system. This function provides independent oversight and review of the project deliverables throughout the lifecycle.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Owns the Plant Quality System and its effective use to ensure products are built to meet customer quality requirements.
- Interface with global corporate Quality council for Quality System methods and prepare and present monthly metrics for internal and Corporate Quality Leadership Teams.
- Lead and communicate problem solving efforts to identify, contain, determine root cause, correct, and prevent chronic or critical process and product non-conformances in process, before in service and in the field.
- Facilitate product improvement activities working with Production and Engineering to drive internal / external First time Quality, Scrap and PPM improvement.
- Implementation of common/global manufacturing quality processes, tools, and strategies
- Drive focus on process control and capability through Standardized work, effective data analysis with visible tracking, and PFMEA/RPN reduction.
- Acquire and analyze data using appropriate standard quantitative methods across a spectrum of business environments to facilitate process analysis and improvements.
- Facilitate the change management process to assure the products or services continue to meet customer requirements.
- Effectively manage the plant’s supply base by setting supplier expectations, monitoring behaviors, driving continuous improvement activities and following up with the appropriate corrective action process.
- Hire, manage and mentor a team of skilled Quality professionals who understand quality philosophies, principles, systems, methods, tools, standards, customer expectations and satisfaction, supplier relations and performance.
- Source and manages all metrology / measurement systems to AIAG level.
Skills and Experience
- 8+ years active experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus on engineering, natural sciences, business management, industrial science, or statistics.
- The ability to use metrology and statistical methods to diagnose and correct improper quality control practices.
- The understanding of variation reduction to continuously improve the outgoing quality level of the product.
- The ability to audit quality systems for deficiency identification and correction.
- Understand risk analysis philosophies and methodologies and their applications.
- Understand readiness processes and requirements.
- Proficiency in Problem Solving, Standardization, and concepts of Built-In-Quality
- Certified Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence (CQM/QE) from the American Society for Quality (ASQ) preferred.
- Knowledge/experience with ISO certification processes.
- Previous experience in APQP and PPAP preferred.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.