Facilities Assistant - Fredericksburg
Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Position is currently located at warehouse facility in Fredericksburg, Va
Must be willing to travel in company provided vehicle/box truck to support cross dock locations outside Fredericksburg
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in the daily warehouse operations and activities, including the efficient receipt, documentation, storage, safety and distribution of inventory.
- Ensure productivity targets are met.
- Operate automated store and retrieval systems.
- Adhere to health and safety regulations; maintain warehouse in a clean, safe, and orderly condition.
- Operate forklift to load and unload shipments
- Safely operate, load and unload box truck to support offsite cross dock locations
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in warehousing environment.
- Knowledge of safety processes for handling related warehousing activities.
- Strong safety record as well as a track record for producing efficient, quality work.
- Experience in safe operation of box truck
- Previous experience in AMI installations or meter reading.
- Proficient use of laptop, inventory handheld and associated software use or willingness to learn
- Repetitive lifting of up to 60lbs.
- Frequent walking, standing, sitting.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.