Buyer - Chatsworth, CA
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
9140 Lurline Ave Chatsworth, CA 91311
Hubbell Power Systems is seeking a Buyer I for the Chatsworth, CA facility to be part of a growing, dynamic, and diverse team during a time of transition. As part of a recent acquisition, the Chatsworth facility is experiencing exciting change. The incumbent will support the process of maintaining and continuously improving the Company’s direct material supply chain. This buyer will help support the customer service and inventory objectives of the Company, including reliable and cost-efficient acquisition of direct material. This position interfaces with both internal and external customers/suppliers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support in the purchase and associated activities of direct materials procurement (components and/or finished goods). Activities to include conversion/transmission of PO’s, exception management and supplier confirmations.
- Facilitate the invoice resolution process for quantity or price discrepancies. Interface with external suppliers and the Company’s accounts payable department reconciling discrepancies to administer an efficient procure to pay process.
- Review and communicate weekly exception management with suppliers for expedites, past due PO’s, cancellations and move actions.
- Effectively communicate with external suppliers for a wide range of issues including but not limited to; delivery compliance improvements and all cost, freight/routing guides, delivery and quality reconciliations.
- Generate/communicate weekly/monthly reports and data analysis including but not limited to weekly backorders, monthly scorecard, lead-time analysis and Kinaxis supplier alerts.
- Create alerts for the business units Supplier Requirements reporting to all suppliers and effectively communicate issues between suppliers and the business units buyers.
- Support the overall objectives and processes of the Sourcing department as it relates to goal/objectives, the 8-Step Sourcing process, associated documentation and electronic supplier filing.
- Collaborate with Marketing to strategically quote/re-source any and all product lines as required. Phase in/out analysis/execution related to re-sourcing will be a required activity.
- Support PFR projects by attending and offering sourcing advice and ERP set up.
- Maintain, review and update purchasing related data in ERP system in a timely manner.
- Maintain and update the following as needed, price increase impacts, pay terms, letters of credit, return to vendor/RMA’s, regulatory/customs compliance and any contracts.
- As required, perform special projects as assigned and be back-up support to the Purchasing organization.
Skills and Experience
2-5 years total experience in supply chain management or a manufacturing environment.
- SAP knowledge is a critical aspect
- Intermediate Excel
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the LA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance (FCIHO).