Lean Manufacturing Engineer - Centralia, MO
Location: Centralia, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
This position is responsible for supporting the Lean Transformation and Daily Management initiatives on the Centralia Campus by ensuring strategies are implemented and principles/practices/lean tools are incorporated in the culture and processes under transformation. This position implements and supports actions that bring about improvements which may include, but are not limited to safety, adding customer value, quality, delivery, cycle, growth, margin expansion, and inventory.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead Lean Events and Projects, assisting in the identification of Lean initiatives and opportunities within the Centralia Manufacturing Business Units. Focus on Improving Processes
- Provide effective project updates to Operations Leadership on key Department metrics and sustainability of Improvements
- Train New Hires in Safety, Quality, Lean, and Operation Procedures during the On-Boarding Process
- Drive the Lean Culture Change by coaching of employees and leaders in the use of Lean Tools and behaviors
- Train Cross Functional Teams in Problem Solving and Solution Development to drive Continuous Improvement to our Processes
- Participate and actively direct GEMBA Walks focused on Continuous Improvement including Identifying Waste, Cycle Time Reduction Opportunities and Lean methodologies training.
- Lead teams in the Implementation and Sustaining Visual Performance Tools
Skills and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering highly preferred; combination of education/experience may be considered
- 1–3 years manufacturing experience, in a Lean position successfully driving Continuous Improvement using Lean tools and concepts.
- Moderate level working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and report progress as required.
- Lean certification
- Experience with SAP
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.