Sr. Automation Controls Engineer - Belmont, NH (Hybrid)
Location: Belmont, New Hampshire
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell has an amazing opportunity available for designing and programing world class custom automation! The Automation Solutions department creates cutting edge, custom automation equipment for deployment in Group factories. The Sr. Electrical Automation Engineer is primarily responsible for success engineering, programming and project management of all the electrical and controls aspects of custom automation equipment. Creating all the electrical and controls designs and drawings. Able to fluently program a wide range of controls such as; PLCs, HMIs, Robots, Vision Systems, Servos, etc.. They are responsible for creating and evaluating concept designs that meet or exceed project specifications. Engineering the concepts into functional electrical designs, coordinating with a team of technicians and/or engineers, collaborating with mechanical engineers to create the electrical design, communication with management, maintaining timelines, selecting automation components, overseeing the build, troubleshooting, writing manuals, organization, service calls, overseeing the building process, troubleshooting, debugging, re-designing as needed, and other related tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Sr. Electrical Automation Engineer will need to work professionally with our customers, vendors, management, engineers and technicians to conceive, engineer and project manage the design and build of custom automation equipment. This role will require working with customers specifications, timelines, budgets, drawings and other information to create the custom automation.
- Conceive concept ideas that will meet customer project specifications and needs. These concepts should ideally be: feasible, functional, simple, inexpensive, robust, safe, easy to operate and easy to maintain.
- Engineer custom electrical and control designs
- Create all electrical and controls designs and drawings.
- Program a wide range of automation components.
- Coordinate with management, customers, vendors, engineers and technicians.
- Assist the electrical engineering design of the automation
- Organize project files and documents.
- Research and select vendor purchased components for projects.
- Successfully project manage the entire process of the design, build, debug, burn-in, install and training.
- Other responsibilities as required by supervisor.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering required or equivalent technical degree
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Fluent with programming many automation components
- Proficient with CADSolidWorks and Mircrosoft Office
- Demonstrated experience with project management with drafting/tolerancing practices
- Proficient and professional communication skill Experience Familiar with machining, welding and sheet metal fabricating.
- Experienced with Familiar with automation components; motors, servos, PLCs, HMIs, sensors, cams, hydraulics, pneumatics and other devices.
- Strong communication skills to professionally interface with internal and external personnel
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Ability to read, interpret, and create a variety of types of mechanical prints and drawing
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.