Machine Operator - Largo, FL
Location: Largo, Florida
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Hubbell Power Systems
6190 118th Ave N.
Largo, FL 33773
Performs a variety of tasks involved in the assembly of electronic components, subassemblies, products, or systems. Works fairly independently or under minimal supervision. Perform duties in accordance with Manufacturing Department/ISO 9001 written procedures. The employee will be willing to work overtime when it is needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following and additional duties assigned as needed:
Machine Operator 1:
- Keep machine running once machine is set up
- Follow written instructions for assigned machine
- Identify the components of parts
- Identify defects of components on the boards
- Work on some of the Board Assembly responsibilities as needed
- Assist in the Board Assembly area, as needed.
- Kept the Manufacturing area clean of dust and debris.
- May assist with material handling function.
- May assist with the Final Assembly, Test, Stockroom and Shipping functions as needed.
- May set up and prepare workstations.
Board Assembly 1:
- Follow written and verbal Production work instructions.
- Set up and run Royonics, Contact machines
- Crimp and performs mechanical operations to join or secure parts in place per Beckwith Standards.
- Connect component lead wires to printed circuit board or route and connect wires between individual component leads and other components, connectors or terminals.
- Knowledge of Component Identification
- Prepare Prep parts accordingly
- Hand stuff boards and install parts in correctly
Skills and Experience
No formal education is required. One year experience soldering and/or electromechanical assembly of PC boards including the following skills is required.
- Ability to identify electronic and mechanical components (i.e.: resistor color codes and mechanical hardware, etc.)
- Ability to interpret assembly blueprints and drawings.
- Ability to read and interpret assembly process documentation.
- Precision soldering to the IPC-A-610C standard.
- Knowledge of surface mount inspection may be required.
- Operation of Soltec Delta Wave equipment.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.