Shift Supervisor Distribution - Arden, NC
Location: Arden, North Carolina
Job Type: Not Specified
Under direction of the Director of Operations, the Shift Supervisor will supervise and continually improve operations of the Mid-Atlantic Service Center including warehouse receiving, storage, order processing and shipping areas. This role will also ensure accuracy, physical security, efficient movement, and operating metrics development in the distribution center location.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Enforce safety standards, policies, practices, visual aids, and procedures within your area of responsibility to ensure safety remains top priority of team.
- Lead continuous improvement projects resulting in significant KPI performance improvements.
- Lead problem solving exercises in order to find the root cause of a problem, devise a short-term fix and implement a long-term solution to prevent recurring problems.
- Maintain and improve associate relations through department meetings, monthly one on ones, on-going interaction; monitor/report associate morale.
- Responsible for security, replacement, and repair of company assets (forklift, RF Guns, Computers, etc.) in support of the warehouse team.
- Perform daily Gemba Walks to ensure identify deviations within standard work and/or policies.
- Establish weekly training plan across exempt and non-exempt associate to ensure cross training to meet today's and tomorrow's needs.
- Keep open communication channels with associates by answering questions and explaining policies and procedures.
- Assume additional duties and responsibilities related as required and assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in supervisor roles
- Minimum of 10 years of distribution and/or manufacturing experience
- Knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- SAP EWM Experience
- Warehouse Management System
- Automated distribution center experience
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.