Automation Technician - Centralia, MO (3rd Shift)
Location: Centralia, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. Today, HPS is deeply engaged in product solutions for OSP Communication utility purposes, and has been actively growing that segment of the business. HPS roots have historically been in high voltage transmission, distribution, substation, underground products used by electric utilities. HPS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas and water industries.
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Due to growth, we are adding an Automation Technician to our team!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Troubleshoot PLC, computer based controls, robotic equipment, etc that support manufacturing processes and control facility functions
- Analyze testing procedures to ensure quality products and performance
- Recommend and design control changes on equipment to increase reliability and performance
Skills and Experience
- BS degree in Engineering, Electronics or technical field
- 5+ years of experience in automation troubleshooting activities for a manufacturing operation
- Strong Electrical Acumen – Controls upgrade experience (Allen Bradley, PLC, HMI/MMI, VFDS)
- Previous experience with Allen Bradly/Rockwell Automation PLC automation languages required
- Must be able to read and interpret engineering prints and drawings
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a new career with our company. We look forward to hearing from you!