Inventory Control Coordinator II - South Bend, IN
Location: South Bend, Indiana
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated is an international manufacturer of quality electrical and electronic products for a broad range of non-residential and residential construction, industrial and utility applications. With 2016 revenues of $3.5 billion, Hubbell Incorporated operates manufacturing facilities in the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, Mexico, the People's Republic of China ("China"), Italy, the United Kingdom, Brazil and Australia. Hubbell also participates in joint ventures in Taiwan, Philippines, and Hong Kong, and maintains sales offices in Singapore, China, India, Mexico, South Korea, Chile, United Kingdom, Spain, and countries in the Middle East. The corporate headquarters is located in Shelton, CT.
South Bend, Indiana
The Inventory Control Specialist is responsible for coordinating movements of inventory throughout the facility. The ICS evaluates the inventory needs in preparation of upcoming demand planning forecasting along with current planned production needs. Position is responsible for evaluating purchased goods as well as adding new items, changing existing items, finding appropriate substitutes, and determining reorder points. This position will support follow up on delivery issues, missed shipments, correct receipt of items, and specialty reports when needed. Lead efforts to root cause issues in support of correct actions in collaboration with quality control and accounting.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains accuracy of raw material, packaging and finished goods inventory
- Initiates and administers a cycle count program within manufacturing and warehousing departments; records results and investigates inventory discrepancies; assesses operational issues causing discrepancies
- Assists in developing, implementing and training employees on inventory standard operating procedures.
- Audits consumption of raw materials and delivery of finished goods to prevent inventory discrepancies.
- Conducts in depth research to reconcile inventory discrepancies within ERP and physical stock locations.
- Monitors inventory accuracy as needed
- Conducts inventory spot checks
- Develops and monitors optimized inventory bin utilization to support logistics requirements
- Performs other projects and assignments as needed
Skills and Experience
Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in an Inventory Control environment or relevant accounting experience
SAP experience a plus
Familiarity with SOX or other inventory audit controls.
Excellent communication and customer relations skills.
Exceptional organization skills.
Knowledge of distribution, inventory control and purchasing systems
Experience with computer software (spreadsheets, database, word-processing).
Ability to do medium lifting as needed
Ability to be on your feet up to 8 hours
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.