Maintenance Mechanic-2nd shift - Centralia, MO
Location: Centralia, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Duties and Responsibilities
Analyze mechanical and operational problems on assigned equipment and plans for the takes corrective action. Makes necessary corrections and running adjustments to maintain maximum production and quality.
- Tests equipment to check for operational status. Clears jams and tries out equipment after repairs, changeovers, or when new equipment is being instated. Assists operations engineers and operators in analyzing, repairing, and bringing equipment back online using, tests, measuring, and examining products to ensure the equipment is working properly.
- Makes preventive maintenance checks and inspections of assigned equipment reports findings to supervisor and takes appropriate action.
- Notifies supervisor of operation department and maintenance of recurring equipment malfunctions and corrective action taken or planned.
- Will work on such machines but not limited to, lathes, punch presses, forging machines, drills, hydraulic machines, air compressors, etc.
- Work details include the analysis of machine trouble, tearing down of equipment, dismantling, performing repairs and or replacing damaged parts, and reassembling machine in a timely and satisfactory manner.
- Must be skilled in fitting bearings, aligning wheels, shafts, etc., and various metallurgical properties of metals.
- Capable of operating electric arc welding and acetylene welding to do all type of maintenance work. Will be responsible for their own work and for those helpers that may be assigned to complete the job.
Skills and Experience
May be required to perform various other duties, and operate other pieces of equipment, such as but not limited to, forklift, crane, hand tools, saws, drills, etc., and other pieces of equipment as required by supervisor or the job requirement.
Ability to lift 50 lbs. manually from floor to waist and waist to floor.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.