Production Supervisor I (2nd Shift) - Greenville, AL
Location: Greenville, Alabama
Job Type: Not Specified
The Production Supervisor I will supervise a crew of 30-50 while complying with current policies and procedures, QMS and safety requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee production employees by tracking attendance, conduct weekly payroll activities, performance reviews, and disciplinary actions as required.
- Manage department safety and ensure all employees are following safety practices including PPE, machine safety, and COVID requirements.
- Participate in weekly department safety audits and implement immediate corrective actions.
- Conduct all accident and near miss investigations.
- Manage staffing, recommend headcount adds and reductions where necessary.
- Generate maintenance work orders as required for machine repair.
- Participate in department Kaizen activities and maintain 5S standards, participate in Gemba daily management.
- Review production plan and create scheduling plan to minimize setup activities and maximize machine uptime.
- Train and motivate workers. Take interest in their jobs and provide clear, concise work instructions.
- Maintain CMC’s commitment to excellence, quality and customer service.
- Be a coach and mentor while coordinating daily workload and facilitating projects.
Skills and Experience
- At least 3 years experience supervising in manufacturing
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- ERP experience, SAP preferred
- LEAN Manufacturing
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.