Associate Software Engineer - Belmont, NH
Location: Belmont, New Hampshire
Job Type: Not Specified
Ripley Tools, a leading manufacturer of fiber optic test equipment, is looking for a junior software engineer to join their team in Belmont, NH. This exciting role will introduce prospective job seekers to a variety of the latest technologies in the telecommunications industry. Candidates should have moderate knowledge of common programming practices and a willingness to learn about fiber optics. The candidate will have the chance to work directly with customers and end-users of our software to develop new features and solve problems.
Experience, Skills & Requirements
- Must have basic understanding of Object-Oriented programming including .NET fundamentals and C#
- Candidate must have clear and effective communication with associates and customers regarding engineering designs, conceptual ideas, design changes, requirements, and any other engineering related matter.
- Knowledge of source control platforms and workflows such as Git and best coding practices
- Experience with iOS and Android mobile operating systems. Mobile app development and publishing experience preferred.
- Previous development of Windows applications using Visual Studio or like IDE’s
- Work with customers to document their project requirements, generates design concepts, and may assist in presenting the concept to the customer.
- Provide development expectations and time estimates for new project or feature requests that meet quality and sales objectives.
- Recommend product and process changes
- Stay current with the latest industry technologies and effectively implements those technologies in new product development projects.
- Improve maintainability, efficiency, and readability of code
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting for all product lines to customers via phone and email.
- Creation of software user manuals and troubleshooting guides and other technical documentation.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.