Design Drafting Technician - Centralia, MO
Location: Centralia, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create tooling drawings for any product from part drawings.
- Create new solid models and production drawings and revise existing production drawings for release to production
- Create drawings for use by sales department for customer presentations and bids
- Provide support to Manufacturing, Customer Service, and Marketing
- Create solid models of products using appropriate software to determine various properties of products
- Create spreadsheets using Microsoft Excel or other similar software
- Maintain drawing database
- Adapt existing files and convert to other files using appropriate software
- Utilize the engineering change system to release drawings to production
Skills and Experience
- Minimum AS Degree in CAD
- 3D modeling experience required
- Experience in part design, fabrication & machining
- Experience with castings and manufacturing processes
- Microsoft Office Suite, AutoCAD, Inventor strongly recommended.
- Experience with SAP
RECOMMENDED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
Associates in CAD/Drafting
LEVEL OF DECISION MAKING:
Shared/recommended decisions concerning problem resolution and entry
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while paying strict attention to detail
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.