Business Development Specialist - Remote - Chicago, IL
Location: Manchester, New Hampshire, South Bend, Indiana
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
BURNDY® is a global organization known for their pioneering work in the manufacture of connectors, fittings, and tools for electrical utilities, commercial, industrial, and residential contractors, maintenance and repair companies, as well as the telecommunication and renewable energies market.
Preferred location is Chicago, IL but open to other locations.
Develop and maintain a thorough economic and technological knowledge of the assigned Telecom Market. Determines what approaches and methods to be utilized in order to profitably increase sales penetration in these markets. Provides all necessary product and technical support to the field sales force in order to effectively implement national/regional/local sales & marketing plans. Maintain close contact with top telecom contractors and OEMs, to ensure alignment in strategy and new product development. Responsible for obtaining, maintaining, and communicating approved Burndy Products at key telecom accounts (Contractors/Engineers within the vertical). Maintains REED Database for data center and telecom projects. Tracks key projects from phase 0-completion while working with the local field sales, ensuring Burndy’s success in supplying products (grounding, compression, exothermic and wire management).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish and maintain contact with key personnel at Telecom accounts; act as liaison between Burndy and key Turf contractors for the top Tier I Carriers (AT&T, Verizon, Century Link, Sprint, and T-Mobile). Identify and work closely with subject matter experts and project management to ensure specified Burndy connectors and tooling applications are used above and below ground at all Central Office, Outside Plant and Wireless applications.
- Monitor and report on the adoption rate of Burndy Solutions with top telecom and data center contractors using the salesforce platforms.
- Post current standards on Burndy Sales Corner platform. Alert Field Sales to changes on Standards.
- Stay abreast with industry related standard boards (ATIS* TIA* BICSI) and attend the following industry trade shows/conferences. (NATE *PEG *AMOC)
- Work closely with Burndy field sales to communicate and set up educational demonstrations on new standard approvals for the Burndy portfolio to turf contractors from the top telecom carriers. Carriers like AT&T, Verizon, Sprint/T-Mobile, Dish Network, Lumen
- Maintain and forge new relationships that expand the Burndy portfolio with Telecom contractors that support, the following telecom markets. Mobility (Wireless), Outside Plant (OSP), Central Office (Wireline/Backbone). See list of top Contractors below.
- Blustream(KGPCO), Skylar, Mastec, Crown Castle, Black & Veatch( Overland), Nexius, Ericsson
- Identify key OEM manufacturers of telecom equipment and work to gain specification position on new product development. OEM’s like Ericsson, Enersys, CommScope, Cisco Systems, Alpha Technologies, World Wide Technologies, etc.
- Participation and development of strategic contractor events, tradeshows, and regional events
Skills and Experience
- Ideal: Electrical, Telecom market experience
- Ideal: Degree in Business, Engineering, or Communications
- Ideal: Candidate located in Midwest region of the USA
- Required: Exceptional verbal and written communications skills.
- Required: Must have strong Microsoft Office, e-mail, and other PC application skills.
- Required: Proficiency in Power BI and Salesforce.
- Required: Exceptional time management skills, ability to travel and self- motivated
- Required: Motivated self-starter comfortable working in a team environment
- Required: Valid driver’s license and the ability to travel 50%
- Required: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.