Product Support Engineer - St. Louis, MO
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
At Aclara Technologies LLC, a division of Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS), we help utilities manage change, seek new approaches, and harness data and new technologies to supply more efficient and reliable services to their customers. As an end-to-end, smart infrastructure solutions (SIS) partner we couple innovative technology with data-driven solutions to predict, plan and respond to system conditions across electric, gas or water distribution networks.
We offer a comprehensive suite of solutions comprised of meters and edge devices, advanced metering infrastructure (AMI), cloud native and meter data management solutions. We also offer advanced grid monitoring and grid analytics, asset management and field project management and installation solution, and provision of labor with a single point of accountability to utilities. Our cloud native industrial IoT and predictive analytics solutions give our customers actionable insights with real-time visibility of their distribution networks to optimize operations and engage with their consumers to promote energy efficiency and conservation. Join us on this journey in providing smart infrastructure solutions and helping our customers deal with today’s and tomorrow’s complex challenges. (See more at www.Aclara.com)
The Product Support Engineer performs tasks associated with the support of Aclara products for both external and internal customers. These tasks include but are not limited to alternate parts sourcing, design enhancement, field troubleshooting, cost reduction and performance analysis. Provide analysis and recommendations to help resolve product issues pertaining to the operation of such equipment installed at Utility locations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide Technical Support for Field Issues on various Product Lines. Works closely with Tech Support and Project Manager’s, Sales, Software Engineering to resolve Product and Customer issues.
- Work with test engineers and lab technicians in a team environment to understand test methodologies for compliance testing.
- Provide Support to Operations on Component Analysis\Qualification Testing to keep the business\manufacturing processes in operating.
- Support Quality Assurance in RMA Analysis.
- Provide Support for New Product Introductions (NPI) – Testing, Alpha\Beta.
- Provide substation design analysis\sizing using simulation software for the TWACS Systems.
- Perform formal Root-Cause Analysis to troubleshoot and resolve top issues
- Other duties as required by the Director of Engineering
Education, Skills & Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Electrical Engineering preferred
- Intermediate knowledge of RF electronics design and manufacturing to the component level
- Working knowledge of utility/power systems, RF Systems, knowledge of board level components for testing and qualification.
- Familiarity with UL, CSA, FM, IEC and FCC a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate detailed technical information to an audience with various levels of technical understanding.
- The ability to operate in a fast-paced atmosphere.
- Innovative and creative approach to problem solving
- Experience working with team members in multiple countries and time zones.
- Ability to travel up to 20% via air or land
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.