Manufacturing Engineer - Wadsworth, Ohio
Location: Wadsworth, Ohio
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Hubbell Power Systems
1850 Richland Avenue
Aiken, SC 29801
This position will be expected to provide solutions to Materials and Process Engineering related initiatives that are required to support to the Metal Oxide Varistor (MOV) manufacturing facility. This engineer will work closely with the entire MOV team to maintain and improve the Quality, Cost, and Delivery metrics for the MOV product lines.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all duties while maintaining proper industrial safety and chemical hygiene standards.
- Execute Process Engineering activities to support and improve MOV manufacturing, including ceramic material preparation, ceramic sintering operations, coating and finishing operations, high voltage electrical testing, packaging, labeling, and data analysis.
- Work with internal and external resources to research, develop, specify and implement a cost-effective means to improve the homogenization of the power being supplied to the existing powder compaction presses.
- Against a growing demand for our MOV block production, evaluate new process alternatives to our current processes to advise support for adding capacity similar to existing or alternative process technology that could offer one piece flow capabilities and improved material handling to reduce the processing cost for future block production.
- Work closely with MOV Manufacturing department to assure that ceramic sintering and annealing operations are performed at proper profiles and to assure profile transitions are carried out to assure MOV quality is maintained.
- Assure equipment is maintained and repaired in a manner that assures reliable, repeatable manufacturing results.
- Develop, justify, construct, and execute Authorizations for Expenditure (AFE) for equipment as upgrades and replacements become necessary or in support of capacity growth.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Ceramic Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or a Materials Science-related discipline.
- 5 years Process Engineering experience.
- Solid process engineering capabilities to drive out variation and project management capabilities to implement equipment/process improvements.
- Knowledge and skills should include: Ceramic powder compaction, dispersion and spray drying, ceramic debinding and sintering operations, spray coating operations, and ceramic abrasive grinding.
- Knowledge of operation and troubleshooting/basic repair of laboratory and production instrumentation; understanding of fundamentals of electrical network theory, mathematics, physics, and chemistry.
- Familiarity with many types of ceramic processing and electrical testing/measurement.
- Familiarity with standard dimensional measuring equipment and knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles.
- A high degree of knowledge of Microsoft Office applications is required, and familiarity with a factory MRP system such as SAP is desired.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.