Sr Buyer - Manchester, NH
Location: Manchester, New Hampshire
Job Type: Not Specified
The Senior Buyer is responsible for handling all purchasing activities related to a specific assigned commodity while leading and/or contributing to improvement and productivity related projects/activities. The Senior Buyer will be called upon to negotiate with suppliers, drive continuous improvement in supplier performance and collaborate internally to achieve desired business outcomes. Requires a strong foundation of function skills and knowledge in relevant purchasing and sourcing concepts.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage purchase order placement, confirmation, and updates.
- Meet with internal teams to review priorities and provide status updates on open orders.
- Meet with vendors regularly to review metrics and actions.
- Monitor orders to ensure suppliers are shipping on-time and expedite as needed.
- Assist in the resolution of supplier quality and payment issues.
- Become the subject matter expert for assigned commodities and systems.
- Support onboarding of new suppliers/vendors
- Collaborate with sourcing and commodity managers to ensure the execution of sourcing initiatives.
- Develop process improvements, simplify workflows, refine practices, and resolve problems on his or her own initiative.
- Identify sources of supply, seek out the lowest total cost alternatives and develop solid working relationships with suppliers.
- Ensure an uninterrupted supply of materials while optimizing cost, lead-time, and quality.
- Conduct regular competitive quotation and analysis exercises.
- Lead and/or provide support during negotiations with suppliers.
- Provide detailed reporting on market conditions to management.
- Work closely with other functional areas to pursue alternative solutions, which will reduce our costs.
- Use knowledge to assist with the development of purchasing peers.
- Provide coverage for other team members during travel and vacation periods.
Skills and Experience
- BS/BA in Supply Chain Management or Equivalent
- 7+ Years of sourcing/purchasing experience
- Understanding of drawing nomenclature and familiarity with engineering terminology
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Word, & Outlook)
- Solid experience with major MRP software/tools
- Clear, energetic, and engaging presentation and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems quickly.
- Ability to work with a team or independently and be a self-starter
- Possesses strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Willingness to travel as needed (approx. 15%)
- Strong demonstrated SAP experience
- APICS/ASCM Certification
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.