Shift Supervisor Distribution (Alternative Shift) - Arden, NC
Location: Arden, North Carolina
Job Type: Not Specified
Under direction of the Director of Operations, supervise and continually improve operations of the Mid-Atlantic Service Center including warehouse receiving, storage, order processing and shipping areas. Ensure accuracy, physical security, efficient movement, and operating metrics development in the distribution center location. This role will have an alternating schedule.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Enforce safety standards, policies, practices, visual aids, and procedures within your area of responsibility to ensure safety remains top priority of team.
- Lead continuous improvement projects resulting in significant KPI performance improvements.
- Lead problem solving exercises in order to find the root cause of a problem, devise a short-term fix and implement a long-term solution to prevent recurring problems.
- Maintain and improve associate relations through department meetings, monthly one on ones, on-going interaction; monitor/report associate morale.
- Responsible for security, replacement, and repair of company assets (forklift, RF Guns, Computers, etc.) in support of the warehouse team.
- Perform daily Gemba Walks to ensure identify deviations within standard work and/or policies.
- Establish weekly training plan across exempt and non-exempt associate to ensure cross training to meet today's and tomorrow's needs.
- Keeps open communication channels with associates by answering questions and explaining policies and procedures.
- Assumes additional duties and responsibilities related as required and assigned.
Skills and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Seven (7) years’ experience in a high-volume warehouse; Four (4) years’ experience managing direct
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Forklift Certification.
- Warehouse Management System (WMS) Experience
- SAP Experience
- Lean Certifications
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.