Director of Sales, Strategic Accounts (Progress Lighting) - Greenville, SC
Location: Greenville, South Carolina
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
The Director of Sales, Strategic Accounts is responsible for increasing our share with key strategic accounts. This role is responsible for setting and executing the sales strategy and will share P&L responsibility driving our investment decisions as it relates to these customers.
Fast paced, challenging and demanding position that will perform as the Progress Lighting primary contact for identified customers. Directly manages and coordinates all activities for high revenue accounts. Role includes understanding critical business issues to achieve sales growth objectives for the company. Strong verbal, negotiation and telephone communication skills are a must. Position works closely with internal departments including Customer Service, Regional Sales / Local Account Management, Operations and Purchasing in order to support the business. Understanding of supply chain and managing reserved inventory levels to support the business along with good problem solving skills. Role is the primary point of contact for driving sales initiatives, quarterly business review meetings, attending all customer related functions, and securing annual contract renewals. 60% to 70% travel required for customer visits, trade shows and industry events.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Driving sales for key strategic accounts, establishes annual sales goals and develops business plans in conjunction with targeted customers to achieve results.
- Manages assigned customers for sales revenue and margin growth – Ferguson, Build.com and other assigned accounts.
- Manages sales meetings and meeting schedules for regional and national industry shows relative to assigned customers.
- Conducts quarterly business meetings pulling in support and developing presentations for the targeted customer or opportunity.
- Identifies and manages sales opportunities including stock and flow business along with job opportunities in coordination with RSM’s and VP of Sales.
- Schedules and leads training for all assigned customers.
- Reviews opportunities to sell higher margin products, new products along with excess or obsolete inventory.
- Completes monthly reports, manages all activities in Pipeline.
- Works with Customer Service for handling customer inquiries such as product availability, back order resolution, annual returns, competitive conversions, etc.
- Leads Progress’s overall efforts in relationship to annual contracts ensuring timely renewals.
- Acts as the primary Progress Lighting contact for the customer at all times.
- Provides courteous and prompt communications via email, phone and chat with internal and external customers, RSMs and departments.
- Advises Customer Service Management of any problems (difficult customers, extended production dates, etc.)
- Continuous improvement is required, as skills and knowledge increase.
- Assist in other functions, projects, etc. as required.
Skills and Experience
- 4 year degree and/ or 5+ years industry experience.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- MS Office proficient.
- Ability to develop and present innovative, improvement ideas and solutions to Progress Lighting and assigned customers.
- Ability to travel as needed.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.