Production Manager/Electronics - Boonton, NJ
Location: Boonton, New Jersey
Job Type: Not Specified
Responsible for the supervision of all Production and Test Departments with the assistance of department supervisors and/or lead personnel in an ISO environment. Ensures that all products and systems are manufactured and tested in conformance with existing procedures. Provides input during the new product development phase to ensure manufacturability and testability. Develops, implements, maintains and enforces manufacturing and testing procedures for all areas of production and test with assistance from direct reports. Responsible for compliance with the Company’s Quality Assurance policy throughout the area of responsibility to ensure highest level of quality output and maintenance of ISO certification. Identifies cost reduction and efficiency improvement initiatives and implements actions to realize benefits. With the assistance of the direct reports, selects, hires, trains and cross trains the direct labor personnel to ensure adequate staffing and a supply of qualified workforce in order to meet the Company’s requirements. Monitors and reports on quality issues and implements initiatives to gain improvement. Regularly communicates with the direct reports and the departmental teams to foster quality awareness, to motivate and maintain a healthy team environment. Ensures that proper and adequate tools and a safe and healthy work environment is provided in order to maximize quality and efficiency in production and test. Conducts performance appraisals and communicates to personnel administration any and all HR related issues and requirements. Works closely with customer service personnel and ensures prompt turnaround of repair orders. Interfaces with the R&D staff to resolve manufacturing or test issues. Provides a monthly report to Business Unit Manager outlining the performance of the Production and Test Department.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops, trains and motivates direct reports and ensures a safe and efficient work environment.
- Directs test department personnel to ensure proper board level, chassis level and systems level tests are performed which may include the development, design and documentation of test fixtures and programs.
- In conjunction with R&D reviews all releases from R&D for manufacturability and testability. Recommends changes to design to accommodate an efficient manufacturing and test process.
- Establishes acceptable performance criteria for the small and large assembly and test personnel. Tracks performance and develops programs to ensure acceptable performance levels. Maintains skills matrices and training logs. Identify and initiate training programs for production personnel as applicable and/or required.
- Continuously reviews technical capabilities in the manufacturing test and repair service areas, to ensure appropriate level of both technical resources and equipment. Recommends and initiates changes in resource level and equipment as required.
- Develops and controls manufacturing and test budgets as well as quality targets and reports on variances.
- Continuously reviews shipment status and load in production test and repair service areas. Makes adjustments to ensure that all repair service and shipment goals are met.
- Schedules and coordinates work for the various departments. Resolves priority conflicts when applicable.
- Ensures production schedules are met by planning, and communicating work flow and job assignments.
- Ensures accuracy of issued parts, bills of materials, product structures, routings, procedures, and drawings
- Implements and ensures satisfactory execution of all ECO driven activities affecting manufacturing or test.
- Continuously reviews performance of individuals and departments to assure quality goals and standard times are met. Conduct improvement initiatives and performance appraisals.
- Ensures equipment in department is maintained in good working order and employees are provided with proper tools and adequate number of tools.
- Assists in organizing and supervising customer source inspections.
- Monitors production capacity and ensures adequate staffing.
- Arbitrates disputes or conflicts within Company policy and consult with HR Manager where applicable.
- Monitors quality and implements corrective actions to minimize reject rates. Ensures quality awareness.
- Ensures accuracy of time and attendance reported by employees via the eTime and the Attendance Policy.
- Works closely with materials management to ensure parts availability in order to minimize interruptions of
- Communicates closely with Business Unit Manager regarding the state of affairs, goals, problems or issues.
Education, Skills & Experience
- BSEE, BSBA or equivalent work experience required.
- 5-years supervisory experience in an electronics manufacturing environment of high mix/low volume required.
- Must be familiar with Manufacturing Resources Planning Systems.
- Must be high energy individual, and a self-starter, able to motivate, be results oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Must be computer literate.
- Experience in testing, troubleshooting and repairing of electronic equipment desirable.
- Experience with manufacturing and testing of surface mount technology PCB’s preferred.
- SAP experience preferred.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.