Sr. Financial Analyst - St. Louis, MO (Hybrid)
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
We are hiring a Senior Financial Analyst to our team!
The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for monitoring and managing business revenues and margins to target by working closely with sales, finance, product management and operations organizations. This position reports to the Senior Director, Financial Planning & Analysis.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with sales, operations, product marketing and senior management to leverage and foster a better understanding of financial data that will influence strategic decisions.
- Support, analyze, and assist in the preparation and review of the company's annual budget and monthly forecasts.
- Develop financial models, financial statement analysis, decision modeling, reporting, and ad-hoc analysis to support strategic initiatives
- Conduct thorough research and analysis of variances to explain gaps.
- Work with sales team to manage pipeline data through Salesforce.com and develop and enhance reporting.
- Work with order and revenue management team to manage orders, backlog and sales for reporting to management and commissions.
- Streamline budgeting, financial forecasting, operating plan, and modeling tools to improve accuracy and visualization of data.
- Analyze actual operating results and identify key financial and operating issues to be addressed; quantifies actual results versus forecast.
- Assist in tracking and forecasting capital expenditures
- Assess return on capital expenditures through tracking of sales results
Skills and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Five or more years’ experience in a finance or accounting environment working with spreadsheet data, report compilation, modeling, and variance analysis.
- Previous Budgeting and forecasting experience.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Ability to effectively communicate with other functional areas of company, especially when resolving problems.
- Advanced Excel skills (i.e. analyze large data bases using pivot tables, V-lookups and Sum ifs formulas).
- Organizational/time management skills required to meet financial reporting due dates.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- MBA and/or CPA
- Previous experience with Salesforce.com and Analytics.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. Today, HPS is deeply engaged in product solutions for OSP Communication utility purposes, and has been actively growing that segment of the business. HPS roots have historically been in high voltage transmission, distribution, substation, underground products used by electric utilities. HPS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas and water industries.
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Thank you for your interest in a new career with our company. We look forward to hearing from you!