Collections Supervisor - Greenville, SC
Location: Greenville, South Carolina
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
The Collections Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the day-to day operations of a collections team consisting of individual contributors focused on accounts receivable management with advanced customer service capabilities. The Supervisor will work with the Collections Manager to set goals and objectives for both the Supervisor and their team. Builds a trusted advisor reputation of their team and themselves to internal stakeholders. Actively listens to customers and employees need and concerns and advocating for a balanced plan that delivers results. This position is responsible for making sure team members understand, act and deliver on objectives. Building solid working relationships with stakeholders in and out of Hubbell will be required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs as a leader in developing and maintaining collections processes and policies
- Challenges self and team to continually look for opportunities of improving on current processed and providing ideas and proposals that either help meet objectives, save money or improves customer experience
- Fosters an environment of collaboration with the team to where associates are empowered to verbalize customer, process or personal challenges.
- Participates in recruiting, hiring and training/development of individual contributors
- Is expected to set and maintain regular 1 on 1's with each team member to discuss performance and development
- Works closely with credit function to identify customers identified as high-risk or over limit and either prioritize collections or seek credit limit reviews , as appropriate
- Works closely with credit function to identify customers as high-risk
- Works closely with the Collection Support and Deductions Support teams to seamlessly handle task interfaces between both teams and collections staff
- Identifies and reports to the Collection Manager on special collection situations, including order holds, bankruptcy, writ-offs
- Develops and maintains reporting regarding portfolio work load balance, monthly portfolio penetration and individual contributor KPI's
- Participates in meetings with stakeholders on the performance of accounts, groups of accounts.
- Maintains close relations with sales, finance, customer service, IT and accounting staff
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Experience
- Bachelors degree
- 3+ year in a large organization ($500 Million annual sales or more) commercial collections function
- 2+ years in a formal leadership capacity in an accounts receivable function, preferably collections
- Preferred Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or equivalent work experience
- Familiarity with large scale ERP systems and its corresponding A/R components
- Familiarity with reporting tools, preferably reporting of collections performance data
- Ability to use MS office programs at an intermediate level (Word, Excel< Power Point and Outlook)
- Experienced in preparing and presenting presentations in person or via WebEx/ Teams
- Strong negotiation skills
- Basic understanding of SOX/Audit compliance, controls and necessary reporting
- Demonstrated experience training others in collections
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.