Maintenance Mechanic C (1st shift) - Rocky Mount, NC
Location: Rocky Mount
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
546 English Road
Rocky Mount NC 27804
*This climate is not controlled*
1st shift 4 day rotation 7:00am - 7:00pm
$22.00 per hour
$1,000.00 retention bonus at 100 days employment
Performs mold changes and general maintenance in industrial plant environment to support daily manufacturing needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Working with a team of three, the primary responsibility is to change out plastic injections molds in hydraulic presses in a timely manner ensuring that the startup of the changed molds is completed with no defects in the plastic injected parts.
- Develop the skills to troubleshoot the hydraulic presses, extruders and other components of the units/
- Performs general maintenance and PM’s to repair, replace, and install equipment, supplies, etc.
- Replaces light bulbs, air vents, etc. in industrial height ceiling using scissor lift
- Assists other mechanics to change out larger box molds/hats on floor, using diagrams to install correctly.
- Reads diagrams, blueprints, instructional booklets to repair, install, or change equipment
- Completes all paperwork
- Uses hoists, drills, hammers, screwdrivers, etc.
Skills and Experience
- Operates Forklifts
- Performs other maintenance work as directed
- May work with engineering department on special projects.
- Assists in design of tooling and equipment for molds as
- Accomplish other job-related functions as may be assigned.
- Practice and promote safety at all times.
- Be able to work at heights up to approximately 50 feet.
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential part of the job
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.