Project Manager (can be remote) - Shelton, CT
Location: Shelton, Connecticut, South Bend, Indiana
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
#Hybrid office (Tues-Thurs)
(If working remote, will require up to 75% travel, must be in driving distance to Shelton CT HQ's.)
The Hubbell Electrical Products Project Management Office (PMO) team is seeking an experienced and driven individual with proven success at directly leading projects of moderate complexity and scope. Proficient at organizing and facilitating multi-functional teams, building relationships, and driving change in either a remote or onsite format.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assumes leadership role on projects of moderate complexity and size with limited supervision. Able to work on complex tasks, lead teams, and manage multiple projects to completion.
- Identifies, evaluates, and resolves project conflicts and issues. Identifies resource requirements and constraints for projects according to determined timelines and budgets.
- Negotiate and prioritize business unit’s portfolio of projects.
- Lead initiatives focused on process improvement.
- Ensures best practices and procedures are implemented and followed.
- Present structured, concise project updates to stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Experience in risk management and mitigation plans.
- Experience working in a stage/phase gate product development process.
- If remote, will require up to 75% travel, must be in driving distance to Shelton CT HQ's.
Skills and Experience
3-5 years Project Management experience with proficiency across full product life-cycle.
PMP certification is highly desirable.
Ability to work and communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization and build relationships.
Ability to work autonomously, while escalating where necessary, and possess acumen in executing business decisions.
Ability to collaborate across multiple functions, Business Units, locations, and levels within the company to develop optimal solutions for the business.
Ability to plan work and anticipate organizational needs.
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Strategic thinker with a demonstrated ability to successfully develop, launch and execute multiple projects to target goals.
Strong facilitation and organization skills.
Proficiency with MS Project or SmartSheets, Teams, Excel, OneNote, and PowerPoint is needed.
Experience with SAP a plus.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.