Cloud Data Engineer - Remote
Location: Solon, Ohio, St. Louis, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
This position can be remote.
The Data Engineer will analyze, design and implement solutions on Aclara’s analytics platform for internal and external customers. Use artificial intelligence or machine learning to extract insights from the structured and unstructured data sources.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate on the strategy of new cloud data storage and the migration of existing data
- Design and build high-efficiency solutions utilizing the cloud technologies
- Build data pipelines using Data Factory and Databricks
- Perform Spark performance tuning for the parallel tasks and reduce the cost
- Familiar with Azure Devops and CI/CD deployment pipelines for data systems
- Contributes to the planning and development of the data architecture for 24/7/365 the automated collection, delivery, and preprocessing of large, distributed customer performance data sets and reporting.
- Migrate on-premises python code to Azure cloud platform
- Analysis engineer data from large and varied data sets to support filed engineers
- Communicates findings to team, managers and senior leadership.
- Provides on-going tracking and monitoring of data collection, delivery and preprocessing performance.
- Recommends ongoing improvements to methods and algorithms that lead to findings, including new information.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or business-related field
- 3+ years of experience in data engineering with an emphasis on data analytics and reporting
- 2+ years of experience with at least one of the following cloud platforms: Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), or Google Cloud Platform (GCP), others
- 2+ years of experience working in Azure based deployments (Batch/Real-Time) leveraging Azure SQL, Databricks, ADLS, Blob Storage, ADF, Azure Stream Analytics
- Experience with Python and Spark
- 3+ years of experience with one or more of the follow scripting languages: Python, SQL, Kafka and/or other
- 2+ years ETL/ELT experience
- 3 years of experience in advanced data analytics, math or statistical modeling, or machine learning (i.e, R, Python, SAS, MATLAB).
- 2+ years of experience manipulating large datasets in cloud environment and applying the appropriate tools (Data Lake, Hadoop, Spark, Data Factory, Structured/Unstructured database).
- Experience on end-to-end deployment in Azure with CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience in implementing data solutions in Azure including Azure SQL, Azure Synapse, Cosmos DB, Databricks, ADLS, Blob Storage, ADF, Azure Stream Analytics
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner.
- Master s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or business-related field.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.