Contracts Manager - St. Louis, MO
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
St. Louis, MO
We are looking for a contract professional who is capable of and experienced in driving the entire contract life cycle, from the initial proposal stage through expiration of the contract. Some of the responsibilities for this position include drafting, redlining, negotiation, contract administration (including using electronic contract management systems) and managing communications with internal clients. You will be exposed to contracts across the Hubbell Utility Solutions segment, including multiple business units, brands, and legal entities, and assist with strategic segment and department initiatives on an ad-hoc basis. This position reports into the Hubbell Legal Department will be based in our St. Louis, MO office, and requires the ability to travel up to 10%.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Draft, review, analyze, modify and negotiate various types of vendor and customer agreements including those related to materials, finished products, and services. Examples include Master Agreements, Purchasing Agreements, Software License Agreements, Professional Services Agreements, Distribution Agreements, Consulting Agreements, Non-Disclosure Agreements, and the like.
- Act as primary Legal point of contact for internal clients regarding contract issues and contract interpretation.
- Assist with the development of processes and practices that standardize and streamline the contracting process including the enterprise-wide contract management system.
- Support training, guidance and education of internal clients, business partners, and fellow legal department team members.
- Assist with various complex and/or sensitive projects, as assigned.
- Develop processes surrounding legal shared services teams.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree required; Juris Doctorate a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years prior in-house work experience as a contracts manager.
- Able to work independently, but in a team environment.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to balance business needs with legal risks.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with particular emphasis on client communication and interaction.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Effective communicator, with the ability to establish and maintain effective and positive relationships with clients, coworkers, and colleagues at all levels of the organization.
- Possess strong organizational, time, and project management skills and both the ability and flexibility to handle high volume and balance competing demands.
- Good judgment, a high level of professional integrity and the discretion, tact, and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Self-starter, willing to take initiative and lead projects.
- Detail oriented.
- Prior public company in-house experience a plus.
- Adept at software and systems.
- Proficient in MS Teams, Excel, Word, OneDrive, Outlook and PowerPoint.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.